Here are some of the meals we have come up with while eating ‘un’processed. I will continue to add to this as I add more recipes so check back often when you get stuck or just need inspiration!
- Smoothies made with fresh fruit if it’s in season or frozen
- Scrambled eggs with whole wheat toast
- Yogurt with homemade granola
- Hard boiled egg with yogurt and fruit
- Slow Cooked Steel cut oatmeal with nuts, grapes, blueberries (pictured)
- Nutribullet with fresh spinach, kale and fruit
- Left over pizza (yes we do it all the time!)
- French toast made with some bakery bread from your favorite bakery
- Buttermilk Banana Bread
- Organic cereal of your choice with whole rBGH free milk
- Fried (or poached) egg, roasted asparagus, bacon & avocado Hollandaise sauce
- Shredded Hashbrowns – the BOMB!
- Lemon Poppy Muffins – so lemony
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Grilled Cheese and Organic tom soup
- Spinach salad with Apples, Bacon and Feta (pictured)
- Big mixed green salad with Greek dressing
- Tuna on whole wheat with a side of fruit
- Taco soup (my son’s favorite!)
- Meatballs subs from Spaghetti and meatball recipe
- Leftover pizza ~ this always seems better the next day, doesn’t it?
- Soup and panini made from day old Everything bread with Basil pesto, 3 oz real sliced turkey, roasted red peppers, Havarti cheese
- Steak (from your local butcher, grass fed) with sweet potatoes and green beans
- Spaghetti and meatballs with a side salad and fresh bread from your local bakery
- Breakfast (from any of the ideas above)
- Slow Roasted Rotissiere Chicken with mashed potatoes and veggie
- Friday nite pizza!
- Ground Beef Stroganoff has fast become one of our favorite comfort foods meals
- Sweet and Sour Chicken is just like the one you get at the Chinese place, only better!
- Tomato Basil Chicken – this is simply delicious
- Shepherd’s Pie – always a home run
- Chicken Piccata – sounds fancy, but it’s one of the easiest weeknight meals
- Baked Chicken Nuggets – your kids will DEVOUR these, I pinky promise
HOW I ORGANIZE MYSELF:
I found this wonderful printable PDF from www.delish-blog.com which I included here (GROCERY LIST) that I use every single week. What I like about it the most is I can write what we’re eating on the left and then all the things I need to buy goes on the right. I can’t tell you how many times I would make this long elaborate list, get to the store and buy it al,l and forget what the heck I was making!!! What a waste of money!
Now I write down all my menus for the week and what I need. But the best part is I don’t throw the list out, what I do is I fold it in half so just the menu is showing and hang it on the fridge with a clip magnet and attach all my recipes behind it!