These bars do not have dates. And even better, they have coconut which happens to be one my Top 5 favorite foods ever!
These Cashew Almond bars contain only 5 ingredients. They are gluten free, dairy free and are vegan. It’s as simple as putting the ingredients into a food processor … giving it a few whirls.
Spreading it into a loaf pan and refrigerating until firm….
And cutting them into bars.
3 health facts about almonds:
- A quarter-cup of almonds contains 62 mg of magnesium plus 162 mg of potassium.
- People who ate nuts at least twice a week were much less likely to gain weight than those who almost never ate nuts.
- Almonds are high in monounsaturated fats, the same type of health-promoting fats as are found in olive oil, which have been associated with reduced risk of heart disease.
3 health facts about cashews:
- Cashews pack 5 grams of protein per ounce.
- Integrating at least one ounce of nuts a week gives women a 25 percent lower risk of developing gallstones.
- Cashews are also high copper content too and consumption helps the body utilize iron and eliminate free radicals.
3 health facts about almond butter:
- Almond butter is a food paste made from raw or roasted almonds.
- The fat in almond nut butter is unsaturated, which is heart healthy.
- Almond butter contains several essential water soluble vitamins. Water soluble vitamins are vitamins that must be replaced regularly since the body cannot make them.
3 health facts about coconut:
- They have a high fiber content.
- Coconuts are the seeds of the coconut palm tree and considered a type of nut.
- The “meat” of the coconut is high in protein; whereas the milk is refreshing, light and low in sugar.
Recipe Adapted from: Eatgood4life.com
Here are some of the items I used to make this recipe: